Search the site

Vermont Compost ad


You are here: Home » Archive » Increasing tomato yield

Increasing tomato yield

publication date: May 1, 2013
View a Printer Friendly version of this page, allowing you to print the page. Send a summary of this page to someone via email.
tomatoesIn the March issue of GFM, I talked about a spacing change in my tomato hoophouse, which allowed me to plant 60 percent more plants than the previous year. Yet I was able to increase yield by 100 percent over the previous year. Now, I’m going to report on the improvements that led to the other 40 percent of my yield increase. Many of the principles can be applied to the field as well as the hoophouse, and crops besides tomatoes.

The rest of this article is available in the Growing for Market Archive of more than 1,500 articles published from 2001 to the present.

Access to the Growing for Market Archive is available  to Full Access and Full Access Plus subscriptions. If you would like to start a new Full Access subscription, please Click here to join.

If you would like to "upgrade" a print subscription to include access to the archive, please contact us for the pro-rated price.

If you think you should have access to this content, please go here

Benefits of Full Access Membership

When you sign up for Full Access subscription, you get a year of:
•Access to the Archive, which contains every article published from 2001 to the present (more than 1,500 articles and growing every month.)
•Immediate access to a downloadable, searchable PDF version of each issue when it is published. You can store them on your computer for future reference.
•Discounts on books and back issues from the Online Store.

Click here to become a member.